If your recruiting and hiring isn't working anymore, I can show you how to successfully compete for talent against anyone.
Books I have written:
Highly-rated speaker at ERE, RecruitCon, Social Recruiting Strategies Conference, HR Tech Expo, SHRM and multiple industry conventions. James is committed to helping every business hire better by re-thinking their employer brand and using cutting-edge recruitment marketing strategies
Employer Brand Podcast with Jörgen Sundberg
- The power of a meaningful employer brand
- Creating and activating your employer brand
- Converting an employer brand into employee engagement and retention
- Recruitment marketing strategy for large or small businesses
- Story-telling and content to increase applications and offer acceptance
- See current presentation descriptions >>>
Come see me at:
- MRA Waukesha (April 4)
- SHRM Talent Conference (April 8-10 in Nashville, TN)
- ERE in San Diego (April 24)
- Yello Chicago (May 9)
- MRA Bettendorf, IA (June 6)
- Transform (June 20)
- RecFest in London (July 11)
James Ellis is bringing the future of effective talent acquisition to you
It’s a recipe for talent acquisition success: Take two parts marketing and branding experience, one part recruiting and talent acquisition thought leadership. Add a dash of fearlessness and a willingness to breaking unwritten rules. Shake well and serve in the funniest container you can find.
James Ellis isn’t your average speaker. He brings wit, energy and humor to subjects you might expect to be dry. He combines years of experience helping everyone from Fortune 10 companies to 12-person agencies understand their own employer brands, activate them, and connect them to their investment in recruitment marketing. Then he makes it interesting and funny while still being valuable and actionable.
His podcast, The Talent Cast, is a weekly deep dive on all thing employer brand and recruitment marketing and has been downloaded more than 100,000 times in over 50 countries.
James currently lives in Chicago with his wife and daughter.
How can I help?
Select Past Speaking Engagements
- ERE 2018, Seeing 360 Degrees of Your Employer Brand. San Diego April 2018
- Kohler Power Summit, Better Hiring. Los Cabos, March 2018
- HARDI/NOVA, Win the War for Distribution Talent. Las Vegas, Dec 2017
- Cushing Printing, Employer Brand is how you win the talent game, July 2017
- 2017 Minnesota HR TECH EXPO, April 2017
- Glassdoor breakfast, Attracting millennials. D.C. 2016
- Glassdoor breakfast, Communicating your employer brand. Boston 2016
- Solving the Ten Biggest Hiring Problems webinar, July 2016
- Social Recruiting Strategies Conference, The Three Biggest Mistakes in Social Recruiting & Corporate v Career Channels: What’s Best for Your Brand? San Francisco, Feb 2018
- RecruitCon, Employer Branding: 8 Secrets to Crafting a Powerful Company Message for Recruiting and Retention. Nashville, May 2018
- Employee Generated Content: The most powerful form of content you are not using webinar, March 2016
- Social Media May Be Timely, But Content is Timeless, TCHRA, May 2015
- Strategic Power of Storytelling in Recruitment: SHRM-Atlanta 2015
- Employer Brand 101 and Employer Brand 201 (with CareerArc)
- Employer brand webinar series (sponsored by TheMuse)
- Creative Recruiting: Using Content Marketing to Attract the Best Candidates
- Solving the Ten Biggest Hiring Problems